We recently purchased our very first popcorn popper! We’d been using the “brown bag in the microwave” method (or a dish) for so many years, my kids didn’t even know there was any other way to make popcorn. The problem was that we would only make popcorn when friends were over, so we’d end up making 4-5 bags worth, and it took so long! Our new popper is no doubt a novelty. Whenever kids have friends over, I can hear them say, “Want to see our popcorn popper!”
Popcorn is surprisingly a healthy snack for kids! It’s in fact 100% whole grain. It’s high in antioxidants, high in fiber, and still low in calories.
Consequently, we’ve been eating a lot of it, and so we decided to try different toppings and seasonings. Of course this one is a keeper! We call it Apple Pie Popcorn, and we usually serve it in round dish.
|Apple Pie Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe||
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp. allspice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- In small bowl, mix together spices and sugar.
- Combine popcorn, dried apples, and pecans.
- Pour melted butter over popcorn mix (or spray with cooking spray)
- Dump sugar-spices over popcorn mix, and shake to coat.
This delicious snack will arguably become a number one favorite on your kids’ list of healthy snacks soon enough! It is easy, fast and fun, and for this reason will be requested over and over so try it tonight!