Air-popped popcorn is tossed with golden-toasted coconut, almond slices, and chocolate chips for a sweet whole grain treat!
We love popcorn. We probably make it for a snack 3-4 times a week. Some days it is literally the only snack my 6 year old will eat. She tells me all of the time – ‘Mom, the only good snack we have at our house right now is popcorn.’ Hah!
Popcorn is a nutritious snack because it is whole grain, naturally high in fiber, low in calories and rich in iron, manganese and zinc.
When you make popcorn in an air popper at home, you control everything that goes on the popcorn to keep it a healthy snack for your kids. We love to mix it up and include different add-ins to our popcorn since with make it so often. This recipe for Almond Joy Popcorn is incredibly simple, but a yummy sweet treat that your family will love.
How to Make Almond Joy Popcorn
- First make popcorn in the microwave or air popper.
- Next, toast your coconut flakes in the oven. Make sure to stir it often and don’t let it over cook!
- Finally, toss your popcorn with coconut oil, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and almond slices.
Almond Joy Popcorn
- 2/3 cup popcorn, unpopped kernels
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup mini chips chocolate chips, semisweet
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Place coconut oil and popcorn kernels in the Stir Crazy. Turn on machine and let popcorn pop.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place coconut flakes on a baking sheet and bake while stirring frequently (every 30 seconds to 1 minutes) until golden brown.
- Divide popcorn into bowls. Sprinkle each both with toasted coconut, sliced almonds and mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!