Have you ever received one of those huge tubs of popcorn with the 3 flavors? It is usually cheese, butter and caramel flavors. When I was younger and we had one of those, the cheese popcorn was always gone first. Every time. And with good reason – everyone loves cheese popcorn right?
We definitely love it at our house. It has been snowing at our house and freezing this last week and popcorn and hot chocolate just seem like the right afternoon snack to have with that kind of weather. I had 4 little girls at my house yesterday and so we watched Cinderella and made homemade cheesy popcorn.
It was super easy to make and only took about 15 minutes.
First step is to pop your popcorn. We use an air popper at our house, but you can use whatever method you like.
Next we spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle with butter, and then add your cheese. We used Parmesan and sharp cheddar – just sprinkle it right on top. Then pop it into your oven at 350 degrees F for about 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted and begins to bubble slightly.
Then enjoy the crunchy cheesy goodness.
Homemade Cheesy Crunch PopcornPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pop popcorn kernels.
- Spread popcorn on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle melted butter on popcorn and sprinkle with cheese. (Add salt to taste if desired)
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.