- 12 ounce Fish, Tilapia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- Put almonds into a zip-lock baggie, seal, and crush with the back of a spoon (or simply use a food processor).
- Combine the almonds, bread crumbs, brown sugar, Old Bay Seasoning, cinnamon, and remaining pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and water in another bowl, and place the flour on a large plate.
- Coat both sides of the fish with flour and shake off the excess; dip in the egg and then coat evenly with the nut mixture. Place the fish on the baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa as directed on package and allow to cool. Dice bell pepper and oranges, and roughly chop spinach.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Serve tilapia with quinoa salad on the side.
Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 494mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g