- 1/2 pound Ground turkey 93% lean, 7% fat, raw
- 1 cup kidney beans, canned
- 1 cup great northern beans, canned
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 medium lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 2 medium apple
- In a medium-sized pan, brown ground turkey on low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, rinse all beans thoroughly and set aside in a large bowl. Dice pepper and slice tomatoes in half.
- Once meat has been cooked and no longer pink, add diced pepper, tomatoes and corn to the pan; season with salt, pepper and herbs. Cook for 3-4 minutes, allowing vegetables to slightly soften.
- Remove from heat, toss in beans, juice of half the lime, and olive oil.
- Dice apples, toss in a medium sized bowl with juice from the remaining half of the lime.
- Serve bean salad over a bed of shredded lettuce and top with diced apples. If desired, add your favorite dressing. (Serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 621mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 10g