- 1/2 pound Ground turkey 93% lean, 7% fat, raw
- 1 cup kidney beans, canned
- 1 cup great northern beans, canned
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 medium lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 2 medium apple
- In a medium-sized pan, brown ground turkey on low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, rinse all beans thoroughly and set aside in a large bowl. Dice pepper and slice tomatoes in half.
- Once meat has been cooked and no longer pink, add diced pepper, tomatoes and corn to the pan; season with salt, pepper and herbs. Cook for 3-4 minutes, allowing vegetables to slightly soften.
- Remove from heat, toss in beans, juice of half the lime, and olive oil.
- Dice apples, toss in a medium sized bowl with juice from the remaining half of the lime.
- Serve bean salad over a bed of shredded lettuce and top with diced apples. If desired, add your favorite dressing. (Serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie