Peppermint Fudge is sweet, decadent, and super easy to make! It’s full of peppermint flavor and the delightful crunch of crushed peppermint candy. Perfect for holiday gifting and snacking!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why We Love This Peppermint Fudge:
Ingredients for Peppermint Fudge:
- white chocolate– we used white chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk– regular sweetened condensed milk works best here
- peppermint extract– make sure you use peppermint and not mint extract!
- sea salt– enhances the flavor and balances the sweetness
- peppermint candy– crushed finely. We put the candy in a ziplock bag, wrapped the bag in a kitchen towel, and then crushed them with a rolling pin.
How to Make Peppermint Fudge:
- Add white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each set, until melted.
- Stir in peppermint extract and sea salt.
- Pour mixture into a greased, parchment lined 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Top with crushed peppermint candy and press lightly.
- Cool completely before cutting into 1-inch pieces.
Your fudge will last 7-14 days at room temperature, 3-4 weeks in the fridge, and 3-6 months in the freezer.
Yes! Cut your fudge into individual squares, wrap individually in wax paper or plastic wrap, then put them in an airtight container. Your fudge will last for 3-6 months in the freezer.
Yes! You can adapt this recipe by using regular chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips.
More Favorite Holiday Recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Holiday Buckeyes
- Holiday Puppy Chow
- Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
- 3 cup white chocolate chips
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 15 seconds, stir. Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until mixture is melted. No longer than 1 minute total.
- Add peppermint extract and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture into prepared pan and top with the crushed peppermint candies, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 1-inch pieces.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie