These light and sweet peach muffins are made from whole grain oats and white whole wheat flour, and sweetened with honey. Use any kind of peaches you have on hand!
Kids love muffins. And a Peach Oatmeal Muffin still warm from the oven is a treat that NO kid can resist. My son even told me “this is the best muffin I’ve ever eaten!” And let me tell you, that kid has eaten a lot of muffins!
These are made from 100% whole grains, but they’re still fluffy and light in texture, and bursting with juicy peach flavor. A touch of cinnamon and nutmeg gives a homey country feel to this sweet breakfast. Give them a try!
Tips for Making Peach Oatmeal Muffins
- Use any kind of peaches you have on hand. Fresh, frozen, or canned all work great!
- Sprinkle a few rolled oats on top of the muffins before baking. It doesn’t change the overall taste or texture of the muffin, but it makes them look pretty.
- Use white whole wheat flour. This is still 100% whole grain flour, but it has a softer and lighter texture compared to “regular” whole wheat flour. If all you have on hand is regular whole wheat, it will still work!
- Store leftover muffins in the refrigerator, then reheat for a few seconds in the microwave or for a few minutes in the toaster oven.
- Freeze extra muffins to have on hand for quick breakfasts on the go!
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches frozen, canned, or fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (or line with paper liners) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, oats (reserve two tablespoons), baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in peaches.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, vanilla, honey, oil and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin (makes 12). Sprinkle the reserved two tablespoons of rolled oats on the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown; cool on a wire rack before serving.