- 1 1/2 cup lentils, raw
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium carrot
- 5 clove garlic
- 3 cup spinach
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse off lentils in water. Dice onion, chop carrot, and mince garlic. Roughly chop up baby spinach.
- Place stockpot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and cumin for about 8 minutes.
- Add broth,water and lentils. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer with lid tilted about 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Add orzo and tomatoes with juice. Simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is cooked.
- Add spinach, salt/pepper, and garlic salt. Let heat through for a couple minutes. Season to taste with additional salt/pepper if needed.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 988mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g