- Rinse off lentils in water. Dice onion, chop carrot, and mince garlic. Roughly chop up baby spinach.
- Place stockpot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and cumin for about 8 minutes.
- Add broth,water and lentils. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer with lid tilted about 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Add orzo and tomatoes with juice. Simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is cooked.
- Add spinach, salt/pepper, and garlic salt. Let heat through for a couple minutes. Season to taste with additional salt/pepper if needed.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie