- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 pound beef steak, any cut
- 2 medium apple
- 4 cup, shredded or chopped shredded veggies, bagged (such as broccoli slaw)
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing, light
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Mince garlic and onion. Mix together with the remaining marinade ingredients, then pour into a large zip lock bag.
- Place steak into bag with the marinade, seal, and allow to set for several hours (the longer the better!); turn the bag over once or twice throughout the marinating time if possible.
- Preheat oven to high broil and add steak to a broiler pan (or cook on an outdoor grill if weather permits).
- Cook steak for 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness is reached; turn once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop apples and mix together with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Serve steak with veggie salad and rolls on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie