Chewy Oatmeal Bars
These chewy, no-bake Oatmeal Bars are incredibly easy to make with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand! They’re also super versatile. You can add whichever mix-ins your family likes for a nutrition-packed breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
Why We Love These Chewy Oatmeal Bars
I am always looking for quick, nutritious snacks that we can take on-the-go. Sometimes we rely on the convenience of store-bought snacks, but usually I like to make my own. For starters, it’s a lot cheaper. And the best part? I can control the ingredients. Most prepackaged snacks have way more sugar, sodium, fat, or preservatives than I am comfortable giving to my family on a regular basis. Luckily, I can recreate most of their favorite snacks in the comfort of my own home. And most of the time, it’s quick and the kids like them even better than the ones we buy at the store!
These chewy Oatmeal Bars are no exception. You only need a handful of ingredients, and because they are no-bake, they come together fast. The kids love them because they are sweet and chewy, and the recipe is easy to double so that we have a batch on hand all week. Plus, the add-ins are completely customizable (suggestions down below!) so the flavor stays fresh and interesting. We hope your family loves them as much as we do!
Ingredients for Oatmeal Bars:
- Oats– You need regular rolled oats for this recipe.
- Ground Flaxseed– You want to use ground flaxseed, or flaxmeal, in these bars- your body can’t absorb all the nutrients in whole flaxseed.
- Almonds– We like the texture of sliced almonds in these bars.
- Dried Cranberries– We like to give them a rough chop before stirring them in. The smaller size helps the mixture to hold together better.
- Honey– Honey works as a binding agent and adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
How to Oatmeal Bars:
- Mix dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, ground flaxseed, sliced almonds and chopped cranberries.
- Melt the honey and coconut oil. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt together the honey and coconut oil. Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir well.
- Press into prepared pan. Press the mixture into a square baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Leave some overlap for easy removal. Press the mixture FIRMLY into the pan to help the bars hold their shape. Spraying your hand with a bit of nonstick spray or laying a piece of parchment over the top will help prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Chill. Put in the refrigerator and chill for 1-2 hours or until cooled and firm. Cut into squares and serve!
Tips & Suggestions
This oatmeal bar is so versatile. By sticking with the main components and keeping the ration of the add-ins the same, they sky is the limit when it comes to creating new flavors! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- dried cherries & almonds
- dried blueberries & pecans
- coconut chips & dried pineapple
- dried apples & walnuts
- peanuts and mini chocolate chips
- freeze dried strawberries and cashews
- freeze dried bananas and macadamia nuts
- raisins and cashews
How long can I store oatmeal bars?
You can store leftover oatmeal bars in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
More Delicious Bar Recipes:
Chewy No Bake Oatmeal Bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Line an 8×8" baking dish with parchment paper. An easy way to line a square dish is to use two pieces of parchment and overlap them and leave some of the excess on the sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the oats, ground flaxseed, chopped almonds, and chopped cranberries.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt together honey and coconut oil. Remove and stir in vanilla extract. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until cooled and firm.
- Cut into squares or bars and enjoy! You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie
Great recipe and easy: my kids love it. Thank you