The blueberries are the star of the show in this simple and delicious No-Bake Blueberry Pie recipe! Juicy blueberries are layered over a crumbly graham cracker crust making this pie an absolute favorite!
Why We Love This Delicious No-Bake Blueberry Pie:
This lovely little Blueberry Pie is loaded with fresh blueberries in a crumbly, nutty graham cracker crust. It’s lower in sugar, allowing the berry flavor to really shine. And when piled high with whipped cream, this pie becomes a delicious treat that is almost impossible to stop eating.
It’s also incredibly easy to make, with just a handful of ingredients. It’s a deliciously light and refreshing treat, so it makes a regular appearance at our house when blueberries are in season. If you are looking for an easy, light, delicious, no-bake dessert.. you’ve come to the right place.
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Blueberry Pie Recipe:
- Blueberries– We like to use fresh blueberries in this pie. Frozen blueberries will work, but use fresh blueberries at the end if possible.
- Sugar– Sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness and also helps to thicken the filling.
- Sea Salt– Don’t forget the salt! It rounds out the flavor and just makes everything taste better.
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest– Lemon and blueberry is an iconic flavor pairing. It adds a deliciously bright, citrusy note to the pie.
- Cornstarch– Cornstarch is used as the thickening agent in the pie filling.
- Graham Cracker Crust– You can use premade crust, but homemade graham cracker crusts are easy to make and taste so much better.
How to Make Blueberry Pie:
- Make the graham cracker crust. Make your graham cracker crust.
- Make the filling. Add 1 cup of blueberries, sugar and salt to a medium saucepan. Whisk together the water, lemon juice and cornstarch in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl. Add to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a bubble. Reduce the heat and continue to cook for a few minutes to allow the mixture to thicken and get darker in color. Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining blueberries and allow to cool.
- Assemble your pie. Pour the blueberry filling into the cooled crust and spread evenly. Allow to set up for a couple of hours at room temperature, or chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Serve. Top your pie with fresh blueberries, lemon zest, and whipped cream. Enjoy!!
Tips & Suggestions:
The blueberry pie filling can be made up to 4 days in advance. Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge. Add the filling to the crust on the day you plan to serve it.
How long does Blueberry Pie last in the fridge?
Leftover pie (who are we kidding here) can be covered with plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make it pretty.
To get a pretty, decorative crust like I did here, combine 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir well and add to the edges of your pie pan. You can also increase your graham cracker pie ingredients and reserving some of the crumbs for garnish.
Variations & Substitutions
- Replace the graham cracker crust with a flaky pie crust. Or, replace the graham crackers with Ritz crackers, vanilla wafers, or Biscoff cookies.
- Use a combination of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries in the filling.
- Add a layer of sweetened cream cheese to the bottom of the pie crust before adding the blueberry filling.
- Make individual desserts by layering blueberry filling, crumbled graham cracker pie crust, and whipped cream into small jars or parfait glasses.
Looking for More Delicious Pie Recipes?
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of blueberries, sugar and salt.
- Combine the water, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk. Add to the saucepan with the blueberries.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the blueberry mixture begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the mixture thickens and the blueberries darken. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes to slightly cool.
- Add the remaining blueberries and gently stir them in with a rubber spatula. Let the mixture sit while you make the graham cracker crust. Let your crust cool for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into your prepared crust, and spread evenly. Let the pie sit for 2-3 hours at room temperature before cutting. You can refrigerate it to speed up the setting time.
- Top with fresh blueberries, lemon zest and whip cream. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie