- 8 slice ham, deli sliced
- 1 medium onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 14 1/2 ounce stewed tomatoes, canned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounce tortilla chips
- 2 cup grapes
- Cut ham into bite-sized pieces and chop onion.
- In a saucepan, cook ham and onion over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Drain and rinse beans, and chop tomatoes into smaller, bite-size pieces (reserving the liquid).
- Add beans and tomatoes (including reserved juice) to the saucepan; stir in chili powder. Heat to a boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, then simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with tortilla chips and grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie