- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 medium avocado
- 2 medium mango
- 2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Dice onion. Add to a large pan with the turkey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess fat, then add salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the cilantro, bell peppers, avocados, and mango. Set aside.
- Stir cilantro into the cooked rice, saving just enough cilantro to use as garnish if desired.
- Shred lettuce (if needed), dice tomato, carrot, and cucumber.
- Serve meat mixture over rice, allowing each family member to add toppings as desired. Garnish with cilantro.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie