Satisfy your lasagna craving without the fuss of layering and baking. This hearty winter soup has fun lasagna noodles cooked right in!
- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup lentils, raw
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste, canned
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 8 ounce lasagna noodles, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup grapes
- Mince garlic; chop onion, bell pepper, carrot and zucchini; dice tomato.
- Heat oil in your Instant pot on saute mode. Once hot, add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ground beef or turkey and saute until mostly cooked.
- Add bell pepper, carrot and zucchini; stir together. Add red lentils, tomato, Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and tomato paste; whisk together while pouring in broth.
- Break lasagna noodles into small pieces and add to Instant Pot; stir to combine.
- Close the lid and set to high pressure cook for 3 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully do a quick release if there is still pressure in the pot.
- Mix in the black pepper, red pepper flakes, and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Fold in the spinach and sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top; let it sit for a few minutes to allow the spinach to wilt and the cheese to melt. Serve with grapes.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie