- 4 cup Morningstar “beef” crumbles (vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 6 ounce tortilla chips
- 2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 cup cilantro
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add soy crumbles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until heated through. Chop tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
- Assemble tortilla chips on a large serving plate. Sprinkle with cheese and melt in the microwave (30-45 seconds). Begin to layer the ingredients, starting with the soy crumbles. Next, sprinkle black beans. Add a large 3 tablespoons. dollop of the sour cream in the middle of the plate and continue to layer with the remaining tomatoes, avocado, corn, red onion, and cilantro. Sprinkle with a little pepper and serve immediately.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie