These light and tender lemon blueberry scones are loaded with fresh blueberries and refreshing lemon zest perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Slice butter and drop into dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or the back of a large fork to cut the butter and mix it into the flour.
- Mix in yogurt and milk, and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Use your hands to knead if necessary.
- Break dough into 8 even pieces and form into a ball shape.
- Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or foil.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with a bit of sugar, and bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie