My 3 year old has recently become very independent. She wants to do everything herself, including all things food. This makes for some contention in the kitchen. As much as every mother loves having her very ‘helpful’ children help with dinner, some recipes are definitely easier for little hands to help prepare. This is that recipe. You can’t mess it up and it doesn’t matter if it looks pretty in the end, because each person gets their own individual lasagna.
Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
Start by boiling your lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and lay them out on a piece of wax paper to dry.
In the meantime, chop your veggies. Spinach and zucchini are what I chose. I chopped my spinach very fine and the zucchini pieces were pretty small as well. I used:
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2-3 cups spinach
Next in a bowl mix:
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese part-skim
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Your chopped veggies (spinach and zucchini)
Spread about 2 tablespoons of this mixture on each noodle.
Next spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of Marinara sauce in each Ramekin (or small oven safe glass dish)
Roll up each lasagna noodle and place with the end up inside your ramekin. (I rolled two noodles in each one)
Top with more sauce and a little cheese.
Place on a baking tray and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
The great thing about these is that you can put anything in them and everyone is happy because they got to choose!
What will you put in yours??
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook 8 lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Place noodles flat on wax paper and allow to cool.
- Mix in a bowl, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop vegetables and add to cheese mixture.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of mixture onto each noodle.
- Roll up. You can roll one noodle and then another on top of it for a larger portion.
- Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of marinara sauce into the bottom of each Ramekin.
- Place each roll end side up in prepared Ramekins.
- Spoon more sauce and sprinkle a bit more mozzarella cheese on top of each roll.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie