Kid-Friendly Baked Tofu
- Place a clean, absorbent dish towel on a plate. Drain the tofu, and cut into 2-3 large slabs. Place the slabs on the towel. Drape a second towel on top of the tofu, and place a heavy cutting board on top, to press the remaining liquid out. Let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. (If you have a convection option on your oven, preheat the convection setting to 375 F.)
- Cut tofu into cubes, and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss lightly.
- Add corn starch, ginger, garlic, and salt to the cubes, and gently toss until coated.
- Spread the cubes evenly on a light-colored cookie sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Turn the cubes, and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until the tofu is crispy and golden-brown. Serve immediately with rice, noodles, and/or your favorite stir-fried veggies.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie