This post is sponsored by KIND in connection with the Mom It Forward Blog Network
The best part of summer- Being outside! There are significant health benefits to letting your kids be outside. Today, it’s hard for parents to let their kids play outdoors, but the need for being outdoors for the health of our children is more important than ever. Today’s kids are averaging 7 hours in front of a screen, which contributes to stress, inability to focus, excess weight, and behavior problems! On the other hand, playing outside:
- Gives kids much the much needed sunshine vitamin, Vitamin D!
- Decreases stress!
- Improves social behavior
- Improves focus
- Increases fitness levels
- Improves brain function
- Protects emotional development
- develop stronger immunity
- Helps improve creativity
- Improves balance and coordination.
So, before the weather gets too cold, here are our top 25 things to do outside with our kids that cost NO MONEY AT ALL! (or very little)
- Play baseball
- Play Frisbee
- Find a pond, lake, or pool to swim in
- Plant a garden
- Go on a hike
- Go to the park
- Go on a family walk.
- Go on a bike ride, or roller skating
- Have a picnic
- Build a campfire
- Play in the sprinklers
- Make your own slip n slide
- Take a dog on a walk
- Draw a hop scotch board in front of your house
- Paint with homemade chalk
- Collect rocks
- Look for bugs.
- Have a photo scavenger hunt
- Jump roping
- Try fishing
- Wait till night and look at the stars
- Go camping!
- Find a petting zoo
- Make an obstacle course
- Visit a farmers market, or a farm!
And the product behind the new campaign:
KIND HEALTHY GRAINS: POPPED!
This is the perfect snack bar to take on your summer adventures. With 6 supergrains including: Oats, sorghm, millet, amaranth, quinoa, and buckwheat, it is super filling! (and according to my kids, SUPER delicious!)
So, what are you waiting for!! Get outside with your kids, share those pictures that captured your favorite moments using the #MomentThatPopped, and your picture could be drawn on a lunchbox for you to keep!