- 2 medium avocado
- 2 cup pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes; mince garlic, slice avocado, and chop pineapple.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion to the hot oil and sauté about 5 minutes until translucent. Add bell peppers and garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes (with the seeds and juices), cumin, and salt and cook another 5 minutes until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add chicken broth, then increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, arrange tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; use two baking sheets if needed. Spray lightly with cooking spray, then bake for 5 minutes until the tortillas start to puff up. Turn heat off, leaving the tortillas in the oven to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Crack the eggs into the hot oil and fry until whites are set; carefully flip over and cook until desired doneness is reached.
- Put the refried beans in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until warm.
- Spread beans onto each tortilla, then top each with an egg. Spoon sauce around the eggs and top with avocado slices.
- Serve with pineapple chunks on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie