- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 3 medium tomato, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 6 large egg
- 15 ounce refried beans, canned, fat-free
- 2 medium avocado
- 2 cup pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes; mince garlic, slice avocado, and chop pineapple.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion to the hot oil and sauté about 5 minutes until translucent. Add bell peppers and garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes (with the seeds and juices), cumin, and salt and cook another 5 minutes until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add chicken broth, then increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, arrange tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; use two baking sheets if needed. Spray lightly with cooking spray, then bake for 5 minutes until the tortillas start to puff up. Turn heat off, leaving the tortillas in the oven to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Crack the eggs into the hot oil and fry until whites are set; carefully flip over and cook until desired doneness is reached.
- Put the refried beans in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until warm.
- Spread beans onto each tortilla, then top each with an egg. Spoon sauce around the eggs and top with avocado slices.
- Serve with pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 817mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 10g