- 4 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 tablespoon honey
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Cook linguine as directed on package; then drain, cover, and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and set onto a plate. Mix flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, pepper, and salt in a shallow dish and set near chicken. Whisk eggs in a separate shallow dish, and place near the chicken as well.
- Heat oil in a wok or other large skillet. While oil heats, dredge chicken into flour, shake of excess, dip into eggs, and then back into flour once more. Place onto a clean plate.
- Add coated chicken to hot oil but do not over-crowd. Cook 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden on all sides and no longer pink in the center; place onto a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Repeat until all chicken is cooked, adding more oil if necessary.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl; set aside. Heat honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small saucepan until bubbly. Whisk in the cornstarch, cook for 1-2 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Place beans in a microwave safe dish and add enough water to cover the bottom. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain water and toss with butter.
- Serve chicken on a bed of linguine and drizzle the honey sauce over top; serve green beans and tangerines on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie