- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup, chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon vinegar, distilled
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, being careful not to burn them.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the catsup (ketchup), molasses, brown sugar, vinegar (or less to taste), Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Taste after simmering and add whatever ingredient it needs (more spice, more sugar, etc.).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie