Easy Butternut Squash Ravioli
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- To prepare filling, peel and cook butternut squash on the stove. Mash up the squash and flavor with nutmeg and sage to taste. You may also want to add a little butter and salt.
- Fill your wonton wrappers with a small amount of squash and brush edges with egg. Fold over and press down the edges with your fingers or a fork. (If you have smaller wrappers then you may need to fill one wrapper and place another on top then seal them together.)
- When filling the wontons, keep the package covered with a damp towel so they don’t dry out. Wrap and freeze any unused wonton wrappers for up to two months.
- Cooking your ravioli: Bring water to a boil before adding the ravioli. Add them one at a time so they don’t stick together, then give them a stir. Don’t allow them to boil rapidly; if the water has too much movement, the ravioli will break open. Ravioli will give you a sign when they are cooked: They will float to the top of the water.
- Serve with marinara sauce or a light cream sauce.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie