Layers of crunchy apples topped with gooey caramel and chocolate. The perfect sweet treat with a balance of fruit.
How to Make Fruit Nachos
Fruit nachos are a great way to eat something sweet with fruit as the main ingredient. We love using green apples because they are crunchy and tart and a perfect balance when topped with caramel and chocolate. You can also use pears with the apples!
Choose your favorite variety of apple and pear and then slice into thin slices. This makes it a lot easier for kids to eat! The next step is to add your toppings. This recipe calls for caramel, chocolate, almonds white chocolate chips. But you could add lots of different toppings. Here are some ideas:
- coconut flakes
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped strawberries
- melted peanut butter
- chopped bananas
- chopped nuts
The possibilities are endless with this super yummy fruit dessert!
More Favorite Fruit Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Chocolate Fruit Pizza
- Grilled Peaches and Coconut Cream
- Layered Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Lemon Pie
- 2 medium apples
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Slice your apples. (I sliced mine pretty thin because my kids have an easier time eating them when they are thin.)
- Melt caramel and chocolate in separate bowls. Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds on a lower power level. Stir and heat until melted. Drizzle onto your fruit.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie