Healthy Fish Sandwich
- 1/4 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 12 ounce white fish fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 teaspoon mayonnaise, light
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 leaf outer lettuce
- 4 stalk celery
- 4 cup grapes
- In a pie pan (or bowl) combine cornmeal, freshly grated Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Crack egg, placing the white into a second pie pan.
- Spread mustard over fish. Dip fish first into the egg white and then into the cornmeal mixture. Place onto a plate.
- Place oil in a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add fish to hot skillet, cooking 2-5 minutes per side until cooked through (exact time will vary depending on thickness of fish).
- Warm buns in the oven if desired. Slice tomato.
- Spread mayonnaise over the bottom half of each bun; add fish, spritz with fresh lemon juice, and top with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Serve sandwiches with celery sticks and grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie