- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 cup pineapple
- 1 cup, whole mushrooms, white
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 wooden skewers
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.
- Mix first 7 ingredients (through olive oil) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and place into a baking dish. Pour half of the soy sauce mixture over chicken; toss to coat. Reserve the other half of the marinade for basting the kabobs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (minimally 15 minutes if an hour is not available).
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers into chunks. Alternate chicken, veggies and pineapple chunks on skewers; it should make about 8 skewers. Set aside.
- For the pasta salad: Dice celery and bell pepper. Add to a large mixing bowl with cooled pasta and remaining salad ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill chicken skewers for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink inside, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade for tenderness and added flavor. Serve kabobs with pasta salad on the side. (3/4 cup chicken cut in large cubes, 1/2 cup salad, 1/2 cup veggies)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie