- 4 medium carrot
- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Preheat a sandwich/panini press as well if desired.
- Slice eggplant on the bias (at a 45° angle) into 1/4-inch strips. Slice onion, pepper and squash into rounds. Peel carrots and cut into sticks.
- Brush the sliced vegetables (all but carrots) with olive oil; season with salt and pepper then place on grill pan. Cook about 3 minutes per side until grill marks are present and they’re slightly softened, then remove from heat and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and vinegar; drizzle over grilled vegetables.
- Cut a 12-inch baguette into 4 equal pieces and slice open.
- Spread pesto equally onto both halves of each bread slice.
- Top bottom portions of bread with a single layer of each vegetable, then add cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches in a panini press and cook about 5 minutes each until well toasted (or use the grill pan, placing a heavy skillet on top of each sandwich to help press it down).
- Serve with carrot sticks and frozen mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie