Warmer weather is right around the corner and that means it is time to use the grill. I love any excuse to enjoy the outdoors and grilling outside is even better. Do you love to use your outdoor grill? What are your favorite meals to make? I love a simple grilled chicken or a grilled chicken sandwich. Grilling can be easy and fun!
For this recipe, I used a simple lemon pepper marinade that can be made with ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and pantry. Marinate the chicken for less than 30 minutes in the fridge and then fire up your grill. The grilled chicken is served with a creamy lemon yogurt dipping sauce and grilled or roasted lemon asparagus. I love this citrus grilled asparagus recipe. Lemon juice and lemon zests adds a fresh and flavorful addition to any meal. You can never have too much lemon flavor, right?
I have to admit that the dipping sauce is the best part of this meal. A few simple ingredients are combined to create a fresh and flavorful sauce with lemon dijon flavors. A garlic press is useful for a quick preparation of the garlic cloves.
You can even serve the grilled lemon chicken with lemon yogurt dipping sauce with your kid’s favorite side dish, such as slow cooker corn on the cob or tangy lime marinated grilled summer squash. A delicious grilled meal doesn’t have to be difficult and it can be healthy too. This meal can be enjoyed during the week or served at a weekend backyard barbecue with friends. Fire up your grill and enjoy a fresh and flavorful meal!
Ashley shares more of her favorite easy yet impressive recipes, including healthy meal plans and more, on Spoonful of Flavor. Go ahead, make this grilled lemon chicken with lemon yogurt dipping sauce and enjoy grilling all year long!
Grilled Lemon Chicken with Lemon Yogurt Dipping SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 8 ounce asparagus
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice (about 1/4 cup), lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the dipping sauce, in a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Brush and oil the grill grate.
- Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Serve grilled chicken with lemon yogurt dipping sauce and your favorite side dish (I love citrus grilled or roasted asparagus).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie