- 1 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup flour, coconut
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Remove eggs from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with a bit of coconut oil (or cooking spray).
- Mix applesauce, eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, coconut flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the almond butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Peel and dice apple; fold into the batter, along with the chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack; allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie