- Preheat oven to 400℉. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together molasses, brown sugar, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin cups about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake muffins for 8 minutes at 400℉, then reduce the heat to 350. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooking rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days. These muffins freeze really well and can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie