Do the gifts on your kids wish list encourage them to be active? What a great chance we have to get them things that will get them moving. Exercise should involve games and fun. So when Jamie was tired of her kids playing pbskids.org all day, she busted out the HypderDash (which was in hiding for Christmas) to get them moving, and they loved it! Its a new game that encourages activity by running around the house and finding targets. Jamie wants to set them REALLY far apart so they really have to make a run for it.
Here are toys that would encourage kids to be active:
- My boys are getting sleds
- Flip-flopper is getting new roller blades. She could live on those things.
- Balls (basketball, baseball, bouncy balls, 4 square balls etc.
- Got lot’s of money?…Trampoline! My kids would love this, but my husband is anti-trampoline due to the nurse in him (he’s sure someone will break a leg)
- badminton set
- jump ropes (make great stocking stuffers)
- Cones or a soccer goal net (we use cones)
- Dance Dance Revolution
Here is the catch! You must play WITH your kids. Any other ideas?