The week after your child gets braces, their mouth might be extra sensitive. I have a free meal plan of recipes you can make that work for them but also the entire family will enjoy!
What Foods Are Good to Eat After Getting Braces
Getting braces doesn’t hurt, but your child’s mouth will probably be sensitive for a few days to a week following their appointment. Your child will likely have to learn how to chew differently, and so eating softer foods at first can help them adjust.
These are some ideas of foods to eat after getting braces:
- mashed potatoes
- scrambled eggs
- soft fruits (berries, bananas)
- soft cheeses
- cooked or soft vegetables
- moist desserts
What Foods Should You Avoid With Braces?
- Hard nuts, candies, hard fruits (like apples and pears)
- Hard vegetables (like carrots and corn on the cob)
- Taco shells
- Pizza crust
- Sticky stuff like taffy, gum, caramels
- Foods high in acidity that could cause discoloration like lemons, limes and sodas.
Printable Braces Meal Plan
Click the image below and it will open this meal plan in a new tab. The links are clickable and you will also be able to print.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie