Garlic Chicken, Peas and Carrots
This tasty garlic chicken is topped with a slice of ripe tomato, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese. Serve with a side of peas and carrots.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 breast chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia) tomato, red
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 leaves basil, fresh
- 2 cup grapes
- 4 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add sliced garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly; allowing garlic to brown.
- Cut chicken breasts in halves or quarters, depending on the size and the best size for your kids. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook 3-5 minutes per side. Pour in chicken stock, turn heat to medium and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once allowing the chicken to become glazed and no longer pink inside.
- Heat carrots and peas in a small amount of water over medium heat.
- Once chicken is cooked, Place a basil leaf, slice of tomato, and a slice of cheese onto each piece of chicken; serve with grapes and peas and carrots.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 492mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g