- Chop the leeks, carrots, tomatoes, and potato; mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat.
- Once oil is hot, add the leeks, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook approximately 7-8 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the carrots, potato, and green beans and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth. Increase the heat to high; once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the tomatoes and corn kernels.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover, and cook approximately 30 minutes more until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, then add in parsley and juice from the lemon; add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast each slice of bread and slice the avocado.
- Top each piece of toast with some avocado slices, a dash of hot sauce (if desired) and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with toast and banana slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie