Hearty Vegetable Soup
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 medium russet potato
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Chop celery, onion, carrots, and potatoes; drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and heat over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Taste and season with additional spices as desired.
- Serve with rolls on the side. (Serving size: 1 1/2 – 2 cups soup, 1 dinner roll)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie