Valentine is definitely a holiday that makes us all feel like we should undoubtedly gorge ourselves on sweets and chocolate. While I do love Valentine’s (I love wearing pink) and also love the occasional sweet, this treat gets its source of sweet mostly from fruit. In other words, it is the perfect dessert to share with your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
You will need:
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 6-7 strawberries
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (I used shaved, but you can also you shredded)
- Slice your apples and pear in halves. I sliced mine pretty thin because my girls have an easier time eating them when they are thin.
- Next chop your strawberries into small pieces. Sprinkle onto the apple and pears.
- Melt caramel and chocolate in separate bowls. Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds on a lower power level. I did power level 5 on my microwave. Stir and heat until melted.
- Drizzle onto your fruit.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
If you want to be really festive, then shape your apples and pears in a heart shape. I did this as an after thought…….yours will be much prettier I am sure! Even so you could also get white chocolate and turn it pink or red. There are many toppings you could also use: Peanut Butter Sauce, Chopped Nuts, Craisins, mmmm. Delish!