- 2 medium banana
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and heat over low heat to melt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup melted butter, water and yeast mixture, 1/2 cup honey, and 3 cups of flour. Mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Place raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Allow them to rest for about 20 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining butter and honey and cinnamon.
- Add the remaining flour and the salt to the rising dough; gently mix together until just combined. Knead dough on a floured surface for 1 minute.
- Cut dough in half and roll out into two rectangles, approximately 12X18in. Brush each with the butter and honey mixture, reserving approximately 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle with raisins and then roll into loaves. Place into bread pans and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush the top of each loaf with a tablespoon of the reserved honey mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the surface is golden. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice bread and top with additional butter if desired; serve bananas alongside.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie