- 2 packet yeast, active dry
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 12 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 7 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 cup raisins, seedless
- 6 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium banana
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and heat over low heat to melt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup melted butter, water and yeast mixture, 1/2 cup honey, and 3 cups of flour. Mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Place raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Allow them to rest for about 20 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining butter and honey and cinnamon.
- Add the remaining flour and the salt to the rising dough; gently mix together until just combined. Knead dough on a floured surface for 1 minute.
- Cut dough in half and roll out into two rectangles, approximately 12X18in. Brush each with the butter and honey mixture, reserving approximately 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle with raisins and then roll into loaves. Place into bread pans and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush the top of each loaf with a tablespoon of the reserved honey mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the surface is golden. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice bread and top with additional butter if desired; serve bananas alongside.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 599mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 34g