Five-Spice Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 8 ounce water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 head lettuce
- 1/2 cup chives, fresh, chopped
- Cook enough brown rice to yield 1 cup cooked rice. Instant brown rice can be used for this.
- Finely dice bell pepper. Drain, rinse and chop water chestnuts. Mince ginger, and shred carrot.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, chicken broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, separate the leaves of lettuce and divide among plates, spoon some of the turkey mixture into each leaf, top with chives and carrot and roll into wraps. Each person should have about 6 wraps.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie