Fiesta Rice Salad
Fiesta Rice Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 2 medium lime
- 1 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 medium orange
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set the corn out to thaw.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse black beans; add to the skillet. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Juice the limes. Seed and dice the jalapeno pepper.
- In a large bowl whisk together lime juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir in the hot rice, making sure each grain is coated with the dressing. Add the corn and bean mixture and toss to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Dice the bell pepper and red onion; halve the tomatoes. Add to the rice mixture along with the jalapeno and cilantro. Toss well to combine. Taste for seasoning and serve immediately, or refrigerate for later. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 560mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 8g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie
Leave a Comment:Did you make this recipe? Leave a review!
Haven’t made this yet, but have a big family reunion coming up and plan to serve it then