- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 5 cracker crackers, Saltines, fat-free, low-sodium
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 large egg
- 4 cup green beans
- 4 medium potato, red
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray, then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Chop onion and carrot; mince garlic.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, and oregano to the hot oil; sauté for 2 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 the ketchup, and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. (Use your hands to mix; it’s messy, but it works great!)
- Spoon the meat mixture into the prepared muffin cups, then top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° F when inserted into the middle of a “muffin”. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- While the meat is cooking, steam the green beans and cook the potatoes as desired (baked, mashed, etc).
- Serve “muffins” with green beans and potatoes on the side. (Serving size: 2 muffins, 1 potato, 1 cup green beans)
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 335mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g