- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 medium lime
- 2 medium pear
- Dice onion and cube the sweet potatoes. Drain and rinse black beans.
- Layer sweet potatoes, onion, and then beans into a slow cooker; place chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, salsa, chipotle peppers, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, allspice, and salt.
- Pour over the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3.5-4 hours until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges if desired. Serve with pear slices on the side. (Serving size is 3/4 cup of potatoes and beans, 3-4 ounces chicken and 1/2 pear).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie