- 3 1/2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar, white wine
- 2 medium mango
- Cut off any excess fat from your roast. Combine the onion flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, dried rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl or zip-lock baggie.
- Lay the roast on a piece of foil and rub on all sides with the spice mixture. Wrap up tightly in 3 layers of foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast (still in foil) in a slow cooker, place potatoes around the roast (cut if needed to fit in the crockpot), and cook on low for 8-10 hours. When done, carefully remove the foil and use a fork to shred if desired.
- Before serving, while roast is still cooking, cut broccoli into bite-sized florets, slice mushrooms, and dice onion.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium. Add vegetables and remaining salt and pepper; sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Add vinegar and scrape any pieces off bottom of the pan. Turn heat down to low and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes longer until mushrooms and broccoli are crisp-tender and onions are translucent.
- Serve beef with potatoes, sautéd vegetables, and mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie