This creamy soup is gently spiced with warm curry, ginger, and coconut. Whole grain brown rice and chicken make this soup a hearty balanced meal!
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 onion chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup spinach
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside.
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium. Grate carrot into sauce pan and add chopped onion. Add curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Stir together and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the broth.
- Remove chicken meat from the bones and shred (about 1 pound). Add coconut milk, chicken, and cooked rice to the pan. Mix well and bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Stir in spinach, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie