- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium mango
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium. Add onion, cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour in chicken broth; add cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Pull chicken from bones, shred, and add to the pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and allow to boil gently for approximately 15 minutes.
- Whisk milk and cornmeal together; drain and rinse beans. Add to the pot along with the tomatoes (liquid included), corn, and cream. Stir until well blended and cook until heated through.
- Top soup with diced avocado, and serve cubed mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie