- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium mango
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium. Add onion, cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour in chicken broth; add cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Pull chicken from bones, shred, and add to the pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and allow to boil gently for approximately 15 minutes.
- Whisk milk and cornmeal together; drain and rinse beans. Add to the pot along with the tomatoes (liquid included), corn, and cream. Stir until well blended and cook until heated through.
- Top soup with diced avocado, and serve cubed mango on the side.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 871mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 14g