This Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is creamy and tangy with just the right amount of caramel-y sweetness from the brown sugar. It makes the perfect protein-packed snack when served with fresh fruit and crunchy graham crackers.
Why We Love This Healthy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
We love fruit at our house, so it’s not too difficult to get my kids to gobble it up in all it’s humble glory. But there is just something about a dip that takes it just a step further. Almost into dessert territory. And during the summer when produce is at it’s peak, that is exactly what we do.
This creamy, tangy fruit dip is just about perfect. Because not only does it bring just a hint of sweetness, it delivers a healthy dose of protein, too! Made with cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt, and just a bit of brown sugar, it’s an incredibly simple but delicious dip that everyone in my house loves.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this Cream Cheese Fruit Dip:
- Cream Cheese– We used regular cream cheese, but neufchatel works great too.
- Greek Yogurt– We used whole milk plain greek yogurt.
- Brown Sugar– We love the caramel-y flavor that brown sugar brings to this dip, but you could also use maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Cream Cheese Fruit Dip:
- Soften the cream cheese. It’s essential to use room temperature cream cheese before beating. Otherwise you’ll end up with lumpy fruit dip!
- Beat until smooth and creamy. Begin by beating the cream cheese until nice and smooth. Then, add the yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla extra. Beat for a minute or so until it is nice and creamy.
- Chill. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy with assorted fresh fruit and graham crackers.
Tips & Suggestions
What should I serve with Fruit Dip?
This creamy, tangy, and mildly sweet dip is delicious with so many different dippers! Here are some of our favorites:
- Apple Slices
- Fresh Pineapple
- Mango Slices
- Pear Slices
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Angel Food Cake
- Shortbread Cookies
How to store leftover Cream Cheese Fruit Dip:
Any leftover fruit dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Feel free to play with the ingredients to find a new favorite flavor combination! Try adding a couple teaspoons of orange, lemon, or lime zest. You can also use different flavored yogurt.
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Soften cream cheese either by leaving on the counter at room temperature, or removing the wrapper and heating in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time.
- Place softened cream cheeses in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth with a hand mixer. Add Greek yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit like apples, bananas, strawberries, and pineapple.
We all love fruit but being able to dip it in something tasty makes it all that much better. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie