- 1 medium onion, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 slice turkey bacon
- 8 large egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Dice onion and pepper.
- In an oven-safe sauté pan, cook the onions and peppers over medium heat until soft.
- In a separate skillet, cook bacon until crisp and no longer pink. Crumble and add to cooked veggies.
- Whisk eggs together and add to skillet with veggies and bacon.
- Let eggs start to set, then sprinkle with cheese and transfer to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and top with BBQ sauce and fresh, chopped cilantro.
- Serve with applesauce on the side.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 392mg | Sodium: 665mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 34g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie