- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium apple
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 6 medium (3/4″ to 1″ dia) radish
- 1 can drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, shred carrots into a large bowl. Dice cucumber and celery; chop onion, apple and parsley; thinly slice radishes; and drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to bowl with carrots, along with walnuts and cranberries.
- In a separate small bowl (or mason jar with lid), add grapeseed oil, lemon juice, honey, white wine vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour into bowl of veggies and add cooked rice. Toss together to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately at room temperature, or refrigerate for later and serve chilled.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie