- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalk celery
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cup Gnocchi
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- To prepare vegetables, dice 1 medium onion, 3 stalks celery, 3 cloves garlic and shred 2 carrots.
- Cook 1 pound of chicken and cube in to small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 3 additional minutes.
- Optional for thickening: Whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch into 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and milk into simmering soup.
- Cook until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g