- To prepare vegetables, dice 1 medium onion, 3 stalks celery, 3 cloves garlic and shred 2 carrots.
- Cook 1 pound of chicken and cube in to small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 3 additional minutes.
- Optional for thickening: Whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch into 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and milk into simmering soup.
- Cook until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie