- Put oats, milk and water altogether in pot over medium heat. Bring to a small boil, and continue to stir until desired thickness, about 5 minutes after it starts boiling.
- In a small separate sauce pan add blueberries and vanilla extract on medium heat.
- Cook blueberries until good amount of juices are at the bottom of the pan. About 4 minutes
- Add to the cooked oat mixture.
- Stir until desired consistency is reached. If you like a thicker oatmeal, add less water.
- Crush almonds and sprinkle on top.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie