Berry Baked OatmealPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 1 piece/slice
- 2 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium banana
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries, frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and half the walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, milk, egg, butter (slightly melted), and vanilla.
- Slice bananas in 1/2-inch pieces and arrange in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the berries over top of the bananas, then cover with the oat mixture.
- Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the oats, then shake the dish gently to make sure the milk moves all the way through the dish.
- Top with remaining berries and walnuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top is nicely golden and the oat mixture has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.